The talented EHG Assist team tasked the panel -- plus returning guest Jeff Drake! -- with talking about shows and episodes that shouldn't have worked, but somehow did. We began our theme episode with the late-'70s satire Soap. Do the problematic parts justify the hilarity around them? Is some of the bad acting and slow pacing an homage of sorts to daytime dramas? Should you (re-)watch, or just find a supercut of all the previouslies and next-ons? Later, we went Around The Dial with The Circle, Nailed It!, Pop-Up Video, and Battle Of The Network Stars, before a complete 180 in tone brought us to a Canon submission from 2020's Normal People. AppleTV+ both won AND lost, and then we all updated our quiz résumés for Game Time. Good morning, Bensons -- it's an all-new Extra Hot Great!
- ATD: The Circle
- ATD: Nailed It!
- ATD: Pop-Up Video
- ATD: Battle Of The Network Stars
- The Canon: Normal People S01.E10
- Winner and Loser of the Week
- Game Time: Working Hard Or Hardly Working?
- Jeff Drake On Twitter
- Tara's interview with Married At First Sight showrunner Montré Burton at Decider
- Watch Jeff Drake's show, Central Park, on AppleTV+
- Jeff just released an album! Listen to it on Basecamp.
- Watch a big old playlist of vintage Pop-Up Video
- Watch the 1976 Battle Of The Network Stars
- Or skip directly to the notorious Robert Conrad relay
- Get more music-documentary content on the Mark And Sarah Talk About Songs Patreon
- Need to talk to someone? Click here or call 1-800-273-TALK
Support EHG on Patreon
The EHG gang have been recording this podcast for almost a decade now. In podcasting terms, that makes us positively Methuselahian. Since the start of EHG, our listeners have asked if we had a tip jar or donation system and we'd look at each other and say surely that is a joke, people don't pay other people to do podcasts. We'd email them back "Ha ha ha, good one, Chet" and go about our business. Now we are told this is a real thing that real nice people do. Value for value? In today's topsy turvy world? It's madness but that good kind of madness, like when you wake up at 3:15am and clean your house. Or something. In all seriousness, we are humbled by your continued prodding to get a Patreon page up for EHG and here it is! Extra Hot Great on Patreon