After illness prevented her from making her earlier booking, LaToya Ferguson has returned to talk about another show she feels passionate about: The CW's Superman & Lois! Is she all in on this latest iteration of the Man of Steel and his family? Listen and find out! Around The Dial takes us through It's A Sin, Cherries Wild, In & Of Itself, the full-throated endorsement of Firefly Lane that circumstances ROBBED LaToya of the chance to deliver earlier this month, and a report on a particularly bonkers episode of 9-1-1: Lone Star. Francoise uses her Extra Credit to ask us to share any TV-related resolutions we've made for 2021 (look, we're close to the Lunar New Year); then it's on to Tara's Canon presentation on Saved By The Bell (2020) S01.E07: "House Party." Finally, we crown the week's Winner and Loser, and close up with a game that requires us to determine, once again: is this anything? Put on your tights and cape -- or take them off; whichever feels right -- and join us!
- Superman & Lois
- ATD: It's A Sin
- ATD: Cherries Wild
- ATD: In & Of Itself
- ATD: Firefly Lane
- ATD: 9-1-1: Lone Star
- Extra Credit: TV Resolutions
- The Canon: Saved By The Bell (2020) S01.E07: House Party
- Winner and Loser of the Week
- Game Time: Again, Is This Anything?
- LaToya Ferguson on Twitter
- Explaining the Cherries Wild slot machine disclaimer
- Tara's Cherries Wild review at Primetimer
- Tara's For All Mankind Season 2 review at VanityFair.com
- LaToya's Vampire Diaries podcast The AMPire Diaries on Twitter
- LaToya's Angel podcast Angel On Top on Twitter
- Linda Holmes's review of In & Of Itself at NPR.org
- Exhibit B. Books online
- "Monkey Christ"
- The Muppeturgy podcast
- Photo: The CW
Support EHG on Patreon
The EHG gang have been recording this podcast for almost a decade now. In podcasting terms, that makes us positively Methuselahian. Since the start of EHG, our listeners have asked if we had a tip jar or donation system and we'd look at each other and say surely that is a joke, people don't pay other people to do podcasts. We'd email them back "Ha ha ha, good one, Chet" and go about our business. Now we are told this is a real thing that real nice people do. Value for value? In today's topsy turvy world? It's madness but that good kind of madness, like when you wake up a 3:15am and clean your house. Or something. In all seriousness, we are humbled by your continued prodding to get a Patreon page up for EHG and here it is! Extra Hot Great on Patreon