Production Note: Dave did a bad copy-paste in his notes and credited the wrong Dave in Game Time. Dave is a bad Dave. Dave LARSON is not a bad Dave, he is a good Dave and the author of Viva Lost Wages!
Apparently unsatisfied by dominating the world of scripted film, Ryan Reynolds has branched out into alternative TV programming by creating a new ABC game show called Don't, hosted by Adam Scott. Will "Don't" also be our advice on whether you should watch it? Frequent Game Time writer Dan Cassino joins us to discuss! Around The Dial clicks through Netflix's latest dopey game show, Floor Is Lava; Top Chef All-Stars L.A.; and an I Am Not A Crackpot rant from Sarah regarding plotlines about bad and learning drivers. John Horner uses his Extra Credit to have us imagine TV characters from unusual careers trying to interview for jobs in the straight world. Dan presents the Father Brown episode "The Passing Bell" for induction into The Nonac. We name the week's Winner and Loser, and then we take a gamble on the latest Game Time. DON'T let your attention wander for a second!
- ATD: Floor Is Lava
- ATD: Top Chef All-Stars L.A.
- ATD: IANAC: Subplots About Bad/Learning Drivers Are Forbidden
- Extra Credit: TV Character Job Interviews
- The Nonac: Father Brown S07.E02: "The Passing Bell"
- Winner and Loser of the Week
- Game Time: Viva Lost Wages
- Dan Cassino on Twitter
- Tara on Crossing Swords at Primetimer
- The Great American Pop Culture Quiz Show
- A Very Special 90210 Book
- Mark And Sarah Talk About Songs 191 with Chris Barron of The Spin Doctors
- The Pawn Stars slot machine
- Photo: ABC
- Talk about this episode on its dedicated page on ExtraHotGreat.com
- Tweet at us @ExtraHotPodcast on Twitter
- We are @ExtraHotGreat on Instagram
Support EHG on Patreon
The EHG gang have been recording this podcast for almost a decade now. In podcasting terms, that makes us positively Methuselahian. Since the start of EHG, our listeners have asked if we had a tip jar or donation system and we'd look at each other and say surely that is a joke, people don't pay other people to do podcasts. We'd email them back "Ha ha ha, good one, Chet" and go about our business. Now we are told this is a real thing that real nice people do. Value for value? In today's topsy turvy world? It's madness but that good kind of madness, like when you wake up a 3:15am and clean your house. Or something. In all seriousness, we are humbled by your continued prodding to get a Patreon page up for EHG and here it is! Extra Hot Great on Patreon