Just in time for Groundhog Day, Netflix has released Russian Doll, in which Natasha Lyonne's Nadia keeps dying and being resurrected into the bathroom at her birthday party. Joining us to discuss is first-time guest/New York Times TV critic James Poniewozik! Around The Dial checks in with Speechless, Corporate, The Challenge (speaking of immortal), and Bud Light's bizarre Game Of Thrones crossover. Lauren tries to make it a Canon submission hat trick with "The Equestranots" episode of Bob's Burgers. Then after a (slightly ambiguous) Winner and Loser pair, Super Nintendo Chalmers returns to Game Time! Pull the trigger on that bathroom door handle and join us!
- Lead Topic
- Russian Doll
- Around The Dial
- The Challenge
- Bud Light's Super Bowl ad
- The Canon
- Bob's Burgers S04.E17: The Equestranots
- Winner and Loser of the Week
- Andy King
- Michael Telek
- Game Time
- Super Nintendo Chalmers 2: Steamed Hams
- James Poniewozik on Twitter
- Jim's Times review of Russian Doll
- The latest episode of the Appointment Television podcast
- The Times list of The 20 Best TV Dramas Since The Sopranos
- All Jim's work at the Times
- Sarah on SVU's "Avatar" on the These Are Their Stories podcast
Support EHG on Patreon
The EHG gang have been recording this podcast for almost a decade now. In podcasting terms, that makes us positivity Methuselahian. Since the start of EHG, our listeners have asked if we had a tip jar or donation system and we'd look at each other and say surely that is a joke, people don't pay other people to do podcasts. We'd email them back "Ha ha ha, good one, Chet" and go about our business.
Now we are told this is a real thing that real nice people do. Value for value? In today's topsy turvy world? It's madness but that good kind of madness, like when you wake up a 3:15am and clean your house. Or something.
In all seriousness, we are humbled by your continued prodding to get a Patreon page up for EHG and here it is!